We endeavor to:
- Create healthy and life-enhancing environments through our understanding of the interaction of people with the built environment, and our knowledge of construction methods and materials.
- Design and orient structures to utilize the natural characteristics of each site for conservation of nonrenewable energy and wise use of renewable energy. This provides long-term health and financial benefits to the building's occupants while reducing environmental impact.
- Improve indoor air quality by providing adequate ventilation, reducing the use of products which off-gas volatile organic compounds (VOCs), and building with materials that do not promote the growth of molds and bacteria.
- Use green building materials that are sustainable, renewable, locally available, recycled, or reusable.
- Design structures that are competitive on a cost per square foot basis by using responsible products that are standard and readily available whenever possible.